Sunday, September 27, 2009

Surgery, New Subscribers And Thanks


GOING IN FOR SURGERY

Tomorrow (Monday the 28th), I'll be going in for hernia surgery.

I'm looking forward to having pain every time I have to sit up and go to the bathroom, or the excruciating process of simply trying to lay down.

Yes, I've gone through this before already. Last year. So I figured, "why not make it a yearly routine?" I like to keep myself humble, you know. (And this blog is proof of how well that is working.....).

The point being, chil-dee-ren, is that, depending on the amount of meds I will be injected with, or the pain I will be "enjoying", I may not get to writing a new essay for next week.

I will have my laptop with me, and though I'll be moaning and groaning like a whiny baby, I do aim to get some more essays done. However, I promise nothing.

Once I'm feeling better, I'll have a story to share on the hernia thing (and yes, it is actually more interesting than an essay on hernias sounds. Really).

NEW SUBSCRIBERS

In the last few days, I noticed a small influx of new subscribers to the RSS and email feeds of King Of Deprecation!

Again, it's a small amount, but enough to take notice of.

I can only assume that part of it may come from linking from my newly-created Envinity blog, though in my often ego-pandering imagination, it's due to complete strangers who just happened upon this blog and thought to themselves, "wow, this sure is insightful, witty, honest and humorous! I've learned valuable things about myself and people in general that I previously took for granted! Thanks Niko!"

Alas, no one says that.

I'm probably just seen as a self-important asshole, as opposed to a purveyor of fascinating life lessons and social observations.

Sigh.

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who has recently added my pathetic feed to your weekly reading list, and even more so, thank you to those who have stayed subscribed the whole time, and actually read the pseudo-intellectual, sarcastic and self-mocking garbage you get from me!

Thank you very much!

I'll be back soon, but in a much more feeble, elderly way.

In the meantime, here are some entertaining older essays to read while I'm in a drug coma:
Self-Perception: What A Beautiful Thing!
Adventures In Guerilla Psychotherapy
Colorado Women's Expo. A Celebration Of Stereotypes!
Ted Nugent: Anti-American Hypocrite
Leave Your Honesty At The Door
Crazy Drummer Guy, And Vegan UnGuitarist




Enjoy reading this blog? Please socially bookmark this page, or post it on your Facebook, and most of all comment with your personal stories, observations, or violent objections.

Visit the all new DeprecationWear online store! Sarcastic, self-deprecating and elitist merchandise. Click HERE to see my wares!



buy unique gifts at Zazzle
blog comments powered by Disqus